Directshow event
Arindam
2009-12-22 05:58:01 UTC
I am using DSCopy exaple from Windows Media Format 9 to read MPEG2-TS stream
from a http source and converting it to WMV.
My http source has a problem, it stops after some hours. The filtergraph
does not stops automatically in such situation. It runs with zero cpu.
Is there any IWMWriter/Reader or directshow event or some other way which
will can notify my program that the source is not sending data. Because I
want to restart the application in such condition.
Additional info: I have ffdshow codec pack installed.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Arindam
Alessandro Angeli
2009-12-22 23:55:01 UTC
From: "Arindam"
Post by Arindam
I am using DSCopy exaple from Windows Media Format 9 to
read MPEG2-TS stream from a http source and converting it
to WMV.
My http source has a problem, it stops after some hours.
The filtergraph does not stops automatically in such
situation. It runs with zero cpu.
Is there any IWMWriter/Reader or directshow event or some
other way which will can notify my program that the
source is not sending data. Because I want to restart the
application in such condition.
Additional info: I have ffdshow codec pack installed.
It depends. Do you have the source code for the source
filter?
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
Sergey
2010-02-05 10:03:01 UTC
Arindam,
Can you please share you experience? I wonder how did you modified the
example to read the input from the network and what profile did you use to
except MPEG-2 TS? I will really appreciate your assistance!

Best regards,
Sergey