Question regarding SCardGetStatusChange when called from a service
Santosh Panchapakesan
2010-01-29 07:14:01 UTC

I am trying to use SCardGetStatusChange API in a system service and am
facing problems as the function returns 0x00000006. When I call this function
in a console application or Winlogon's Notify dll it works fine but as a
service I have this problem. Is there something I need to do when
SCardGetStatusChange is called in a service?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Santosh
Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]
2010-01-29 22:49:09 UTC
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:14:01 -0800, Santosh Panchapakesan <Santosh
Post by Santosh Panchapakesan
Hi,
I am trying to use SCardGetStatusChange API in a system service and am
facing problems as the function returns 0x00000006. When I call this function
in a console application or Winlogon's Notify dll it works fine but as a
service I have this problem. Is there something I need to do when
SCardGetStatusChange is called in a service?
Is this somehow related to windows media SDK (the subject of this
newsgroup) ? If it is I confess to being baffled ....

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
Michael Bouchard
2011-02-11 20:24:38 UTC
Hello,

I got the same issue :( I would like to know if you find a solution to this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Post by Santosh Panchapakesan
Hi,
I am trying to use SCardGetStatusChange API in a system service and am
facing problems as the function returns 0x00000006. When I call this function
in a console application or Winlogon's Notify dll it works fine but as a
service I have this problem. Is there isomething I need to do when
Post by Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]
Is this somehow related to windows media SDK (the subject of this
newsgroup) ? If it is I confess to being baffled ....
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Obsessive Defragmentation Disorder (ODD) and You
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b5f241d0-4e5d-44f9-aad9-78211fdea4df/obsessive-defragmentation-disorder-odd-and-you.aspx
Michael Bouchard
2011-02-11 20:24:57 UTC

Post by Michael Bouchard
Hello,
I got the same issue :( I would like to know if you find a solution to this problem ?
Thanks in advance,
Michael
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Server CLR Stored Procedures for External Access
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/08c40d08-af4a-41f6-9352-91ac82b90078/sql-server-clr-stored-procedures-for-external-access.aspx
Michael Bouchard
2011-02-11 20:25:13 UTC

Post by Michael Bouchard
Hello,
I got the same issue :( I would like to know if you find a solution to this problem ?
Thanks in advance,
Michael
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Statistics, Probability, Lotteries and Dumb Programmers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/041de19a-e704-468f-bd3c-79164fc739f5/statistics-probability-lotteries-and-dumb-programmers.aspx