Silverlight 4 Audio API hooking
Alok
2010-05-07 12:15:01 UTC
Hello,

I want to dump audio data from silverlight content.
In most of applications WAVEOUTWRITE API is used to render the audio data,
so by tracking this API we can extract the audio data.

But I think silverlight is not using WAVEOUTWRITE API directly to render the
data.

After some investigation I found that it is using the API's of DSOUND.

So please let me know, which all interfaces, that silverlight uses to
interact with DSOUND or WAVEOUTWRITE.

And if possible please share the AUDIO PLAYBACK architecture of silverlight.
srw
2010-05-08 03:02:15 UTC
Post by Alok
After some investigation I found that it is using the API's of DSOUND.
So please let me know, which all interfaces, that silverlight uses to
interact with DSOUND or WAVEOUTWRITE.
On 2009, we have written an article about hooking DirectSound for
intercepting Skype calls. It may be useful for your purpose.
link: http://blog.nektra.com/main/2009/02/24/directsound-capture-using-deviare/

Regards,
sw
Alok
2010-05-10 07:35:01 UTC
Thanks SRW.
But if hook the interfaces of DSOUND then it would not be possible to filter
out the silverlight audio data from all other audio data's of different
applications.

Thats the reason why I am looking for the Silverlight API's for Audio data.

Waiting for your reply.