How to use MPEG-2 Codec from W7 in XP
Franz Leu
2010-03-22 17:10:16 UTC
Hi

How can I use the MPEG-2 Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll from Vista/Win7 in XP?
If I try to register it in XP I get an 'LoadLibrary' error message.
I want to use this Codec because it supports DXVA1.
What else do I need to do/copy to be able to register this Codec and use
it with WMP11 in XP?

Thanks
Franz
Alessandro Angeli
2010-03-22 22:42:28 UTC
From: "Franz Leu"
Post by Franz Leu
How can I use the MPEG-2 Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll from
Vista/Win7 in XP? If I try to register it in XP I get an
'LoadLibrary' error message. I want to use this Codec
because it supports DXVA1.
What else do I need to do/copy to be able to register
this Codec and use it with WMP11 in XP?
Even if it worked, copying a DLL from Windows to another
computer violates the Windows end-user license.
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
Lampet

Have you solved the problem of not being able to register msmpeg2vdec.dll?
Franz Leu
2010-05-31 06:55:28 UTC
From: "Franz Leu"
Post by Franz Leu
How can I use the MPEG-2 Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll from
Vista/Win7 in XP? If I try to register it in XP I get an
'LoadLibrary' error message. I want to use this Codec
because it supports DXVA1.
What else do I need to do/copy to be able to register
this Codec and use it with WMP11 in XP?
Even if it worked, copying a DLL from Windows to another
computer violates the Windows end-user license.
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// mvpnews at riseoftheants dot com
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
.
Hi,
Have you solved the problem of not being able to register msmpeg2vdec.dll?
Unfortunately not.
I need DXVA1 support to decode MPEG2 TS in Windows Embedded Standard
2009 (Windows XP) on a Intel Atom / Poulsbo Platform.
So far, I have no solution that really works.