Windows media player plugin wizard problems
Smit
2009-07-28 09:01:01 UTC

Recently i installed windows media player 9 SDK, I use Visual Studio 2008
professional edition. Visual studio does not list Windows media player plugin
wizard in the templates section of VC++ projects. I followed the instruction
given in the following link to setup the wizard manually

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb262326(VS.85).aspx

This proved some success, Windows media player plugin wizard got listed in
the template section and helped me create a new UI plugin project. But while
creating a new project VS 2008 thows "Object Expected" error.

Solutions to this would be of great help

Smit
Teresa
2009-08-13 03:03:34 UTC
why cant I hear no sound nor can I make changes to my mic and speakers I
think I deleted or compressed my file
also why cant I run aplug in wizard to resolve my problems

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/13962423.aspx
unknown
2009-08-29 13:47:01 UTC
Hey,

I got the same error trying to install WMP Plugin wizard for VS08.
After minutes figuring and comparing different wmpwiz.vsz files, I figured
that
I could change VS wizard engine version to 9.0 and then it worked, so
make sure that your wmpwiz.vsz file looks something like that:

VSWIZARD 7.0
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.9.0

Param="WIZARD_NAME = Windows Media Player Plug-in Wizard"
Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\vcprojects\wmpwiz"
Param="FALLBACK_LCID = 1033"
Param="VS2003 = 1"

Hope it helped.
Greetz
Hi,
Smit
Frank
2011-03-29 08:25:34 UTC

I'm using VC++ 2010 Express and made the following changes to "default.js" from the plugin wizard:

function OnFinish(selProj, selObj)
{

try
{
var strProjectPath = wizard.FindSymbol("PROJECT_PATH");
var strProjectName = wizard.FindSymbol("PROJECT_NAME");

var bEmptyProject = wizard.FindSymbol("EMPTY_PROJECT");
var bVS2003 = wizard.FindSymbol("VS2003");

selProj = CreateProject(strProjectName, strProjectPath);

AddCommonConfig(selProj, strProjectName, true, bEmptyProject);
AddSpecificConfig(selProj, strProjectName, bEmptyProject);

if (bVS2003)
{
SetupFilters(selProj);
}
else
{
SetFilters(selProj);
}

if (!bEmptyProject)
{
AddFilesToNewProjectWithInfFile(selProj, strProjectName);
selProj.Object.Save();
}
}
catch(e)
{
if (e.description.length != 0)
SetErrorInfo(e);
return e.number
}
}

Function "AddFilesToProject" and "AddCommonConfig" were changed in the newer IDE versions (see "common.js") ...

Don't forget to add the 'Param="VS2003 = 1"' entry ("wmpwiz.vsz" file).

\Frank
Hi,