Raw custom format stream
Sam
2010-05-13 06:59:01 UTC
My goal is to play stream created with WMF SDK to give to Windows Media
Service(WMS) to unicast thru RTSP.

My assumption is, since the stream is custom stream with ASF container, if I
want to play the rtsp stream in silverlight, I have to write ASF parser. So I
was wondering, is there any way to create raw packet stream without ASF
container or any other container? So that I need not write ASF parser in
silverlight managed code.

Thanks.
Alessandro Angeli
2010-05-13 16:50:04 UTC
From: "Sam"
Post by Sam
My goal is to play stream created with WMF SDK to give to Windows
Media Service(WMS) to unicast thru RTSP.
My assumption is, since the stream is custom stream with ASF
container, if I want to play the rtsp stream in silverlight, I have
to write ASF parser. So I was wondering, is there any way to create
raw packet stream without ASF container or any other container? So
that I need not write ASF parser in silverlight managed code.
RTSP/RTP does not sends ASF packets but raw data. However, AFAIK
Silverlight does not support RTSP/RTP but only HTTP-based protocols, in
which case the whole ASF file is sent to the client.
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
Sam
2010-05-14 11:40:01 UTC
From: "Sam"
Post by Sam
My goal is to play stream created with WMF SDK to give to Windows
Media Service(WMS) to unicast thru RTSP.
My assumption is, since the stream is custom stream with ASF
container, if I want to play the rtsp stream in silverlight, I have
to write ASF parser. So I was wondering, is there any way to create
raw packet stream without ASF container or any other container? So
that I need not write ASF parser in silverlight managed code.
RTSP/RTP does not sends ASF packets but raw data. However, AFAIK
Silverlight does not support RTSP/RTP but only HTTP-based protocols, in
which case the whole ASF file is sent to the client.
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// mvpnews at riseoftheants dot com
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
.
Thanks for the reply.

So if I send custom ASF stream created using WMF SDK to WMS, the WMS will
remove the ASF container and stream raw data to the RTSP clients (say VLC)?
Is it so?

I tried the above setup with mpeg4 packets; custom asf stream to WMS and
unicast from there. If I use MMS protocol in VLC, it is playing properly. But
if I use RTSP protocol, the video is coming blurred. Any idea?

And for playing RTSP stream in silverlight, I am using Silversuit.
Saravanakrishnan Krishnamoorthy

From: "Sam"
Post by Sam
Thanks for the reply.
So if I send custom ASF stream created using WMF SDK to WMS, the WMS will
remove the ASF container and stream raw data to the RTSP clients (say VLC)?
Is it so?
I tried the above setup with mpeg4 packets; custom asf stream to WMS and
unicast from there. If I use MMS protocol in VLC, it is playing properly. But
if I use RTSP protocol, the video is coming blurred. Any idea?
And for playing RTSP stream in silverlight, I am using Silversuit.
Post by Sam
I found following article.
I am not getting what does following two line mean in RTSP section in above
proprietary.
proprietary.
Any idea?
Post by Sam
I found following link
proprietary.
proprietary.
Is this related? Any lights on this?
Post by Sam
Alessandro, please reply.
The RTSp stream coming from WMS has "video/X-ASF-PF-3" MIME type.
Sam
2010-05-17 10:09:03 UTC
Post by Alessandro Angeli
From: "Sam"
Post by Sam
[...]

link:

# The encapsulation of Advanced Streaming Format (ASF) packets in RTP is
proprietary.
# The description of the ASF file, called ASF encapsulated in SDP, is
proprietary.

Any idea?
Sam
2010-05-17 10:24:01 UTC
[...]