Splitting multiple bitrate wmv stream
Arindam
2010-02-22 06:57:01 UTC
I have a WMS publishing point url where windows media encoder is pushing mbr
stream. I need to read the publishing point and then split all the streams
and send the individual streams to new publishing points.
Is it possible to do this from Windows Media Encoder application?
I have also checked WMVCopy example in WMF.
Is it possible to read all the streams from a publishing point url by
setting IWMReaderAdvanced:: SetManualStreamSelection to TRUE?
I also made the IWMWriter to push to new publishing point, Can you give me
some idea where can I add my stream splitting code inside WMVCopy?

Thanks
Arindam
Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]
2010-02-22 23:18:17 UTC
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:57:01 -0800, Arindam
Post by Arindam
Hi,
I have a WMS publishing point url where windows media encoder is pushing mbr
stream. I need to read the publishing point and then split all the streams
and send the individual streams to new publishing points.
Set the source of each publishing point to either
lpp://publishingpointname (this *may* work), or to
http://<server-ip-address>/publishingpointname

After the URL, add a WMContentBitrate modifier to limit the maximum
bitrate for the linked publishing point - this will force the server
to act as a 'distribution server' for itself and to only distribute a
bitrate up to that specified. For syntax and examples see
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/urlmodifiers.aspx
Post by Arindam
Is it possible to do this from Windows Media Encoder application?
I have also checked WMVCopy example in WMF.
Is it possible to read all the streams from a publishing point url by
setting IWMReaderAdvanced:: SetManualStreamSelection to TRUE?
I also made the IWMWriter to push to new publishing point, Can you give me
some idea where can I add my stream splitting code inside WMVCopy?
Thanks
Arindam
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs