Third party DMO examples.
Roey
2010-02-23 08:16:40 UTC
Hi All

I am desperately seeking code examples of encoding ASF files with
third-party /proprietary/custom streams (video and audio) , and of
DMOs that decode these ASF files within Windows Media Player.

I have created such an encoder/decoder but am having problems playing
ASF that have both audio/video custom streams , and also cannot seek
properly.

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks.
Roey
optxman
2010-02-24 04:31:01 UTC
Hi Roey,

I can't really give you code examples, but it can be done. I combined a
second proprietery custom stream to regular wmv and wma. (either wma only and
or both).

Seek was fine, I even built it to live webcast (merging into a single stream
live).

I used the Windows Media rendering plugin which I believe has been
discontinued at this point.

You may want to go study Silverlight and its MediaStreamSource. You might
have a really easy time doing it there and it will be very portable.

Brian
.