WMPLAYER command line parameters don't work
Anil Gupte/iCinema.com
2010-03-30 10:11:55 UTC
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have not found a better one.
Also, no luck googling for it.

I am using the following:
"c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /play /close
d:\Video\Content\DogsAreSmart.wmv

And Windows Media Player does not close after playing. Also, /fullscreen
works by itself, but not when combined with /close. I have tried launching
this on the command prompt as well as from VB - same behavior. It does play
in all cases. Any ideas?

TIA...
--
Thanx & Regards,
Anil Gupte
Alessandro Angeli
2010-03-30 20:48:18 UTC
From: "Anil Gupte/iCinema.com"
Post by Anil Gupte/iCinema.com
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have not found a better
one. Also, no luck googling for it.
"c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /play /close
d:\Video\Content\DogsAreSmart.wmv
And Windows Media Player does not close after playing. Also,
/fullscreen works by itself, but not when combined with /close. I
have tried launching this on the command prompt as well as from VB -
same behavior. It does play in all cases. Any ideas?
Neither /play nor /close are supported by WMP:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd562624.aspx
--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation
// http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm
Anil Gupte/iCinema.com
2010-03-31 17:41:57 UTC
http://www.davescomputertips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=315&p=2945

Apparently after digging a bit, I find that the /close option has been
discontinued. Pity!

http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#commandline
http://www.rjlsoftware.com/support/faq/sa.cfm?q=239&n=4

Maybe I will go back to 6.4 ;-)