Proprietary audio DMO - Waveformatex codecdata field
Roey
2010-06-01 08:21:06 UTC
Hi All,

I am encoding an ASF file with a proprietary audio stream.
My WAVEFORMATEX has a wFormatTag of 62 and I would like to add some
codecdata at the end of it.

The audio DMO I am using to read the custom ASF file, receives the
WAVEFORMATEX contained in the ASF's header, but it doesn't seem to
contain the codecdata at the end....

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Roey
Alessandro Angeli
2010-06-01 20:42:18 UTC
From: "Roey"
Post by Roey
I am encoding an ASF file with a proprietary audio stream.
My WAVEFORMATEX has a wFormatTag of 62 and I would like to add some
codecdata at the end of it.
The audio DMO I am using to read the custom ASF file, receives the
WAVEFORMATEX contained in the ASF's header, but it doesn't seem to
contain the codecdata at the end....
Your DMO receives the WAVEFORMATEX in the ASF header. If the application
that creates the ASF correctly set WAVEFORMATEX::cbFormat and
WM_MEDIA_TYPE::cbFormat, then the codec-specific data is written to the
ASF header and correctly retrieved by the ASF parser and passed to your
DMO.
--
Alessandro